To skip to any section within this article, click the links below:
Want to listen to the article in an audio form? Check out our new Harvest Podcast!
What are plant nutrients?
In order to be defined as a nutrient, an element must be necessary for the plant in one of two ways:
- The element is part of an essential plant metabolite or constituent (IE sugars).
- A plant will die or cease growing/reproducing without said element.
Did you get what you paid for?Don Wolf
What makes Oregon Different?
It doesn’t matter whether it’s a nursery or a farmer or a hydroponic customer – we look at everybody who is a consumer as someone that needs to get the same protections.Don Wolf
Cannabis Nutrition and Protecting Yourself
We see everything. A company out of Colorado was trying to market a product that claimed to resonate with the frequency of the earth.Don Wolf
An Interview with Dr. Matt Brecht of Marrone Bio InnovationsAugust 27, 2019
Preventing and Treating Mold, Mildew, and Pests: Tips for Creating a Successful IPM StrategyAugust 27, 2019
Determining the Sex of Your Cannabis PlantsAugust 7, 2019
CBD & Hemp Oil Products for Mind and BodyJuly 17, 2019
Do you want to receive the next Grower’s Spotlight as soon as it’s available? Sign up below!
- Oregon Dept. of Ag.’s page for Cannabis and pesticides.
- Oregon’s database of registered nutrients and amendment products
- California’s database of registered nutrient and amendment products
- Washington’s database of registered nutrient products
- Washington’s Page on Pesticide and Fertilizer use on Marijuana
Do you have any questions or comments?
About the Author
Hunter Wilson is a community builder with Growers Network. He graduated from the University of Arizona in 2011 with a Masters in Teaching and in 2007 with a Bachelors in Biology.